Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Realization of a life lived

In writing the last post, which I neglected to spell check - my apologies, I came upon 3 insights:

1.) The hijacking of the 'Aha Moment' by an insurance company for an ad line is insidiously clever but I'm thankful for anything that celebrates those mysterious, magical moments in our lives - we should be singing those songs more often

2.) In the past 8 months, whenever I thought that I was at the end of my rope with only a long way to drop, something or someone was there to mitigate the damage and support me in my adventure - a timely check wired to my account, a reconnection to an old and treasured friend, the blooming of a new one - a band rehearsal that went great and filled my heart with glee, my daughter's unfettered smile; everything has been falling into place albeit not what I may have imagined or prayed for but always and ever there has been an 'event' that has shown me how textured my life is, how rich and quite luxurious, although not in the classical sense - but MY GOD, how grateful I am for all of it and how thankful I am for all of you.

3.) Expectations can be a tricky thing, in business or personal life; I went on this past interview for a position that I'm overqualified for and end up getting a position that will require me to learn and puts me right to my 'edge', my comfort zone and causes me to stop, consider myself as a professional and man and encourages me to 'lean into my edge' as a means to push past any self limiting beliefs and opens up a whole new world to me.
Who would have thought all that would come from such as simple exercise as going on an interview AND, the more I learn about the company, it's founders, it's culture and mission I run up against my OWN beliefs again and again; I don't want to tell tales out of school but this may be, may be the perfect place for me to be right here, right now.

Hope springs eternal for me every moment that I take a breath - now I get to take action to make my beliefs a living breathing part of my life instead of some intellectual exercise in semantics.

All My Best to All of You!

No comments:

Post a Comment